Thursday, May 3, 2012
We first reported on the region back in February, 2010, when we posted an article about how the Amazonian fruit açaí was gaining space in North American and Europeans food consciousness, and have since published a dozen or so articles directly concerned with Belém.
Rather than repeat information that we've already published, we've decided to post quick and easy links to previous;y published material on the blog. These links are below.
Starting with our next post, we'll get into the matter at hand.
Flavors of Brazil posts about Belém:
1. Açaí Makes the New York Times - 24 Feb 2010
2. INGREDIENTS - Jambu - 14 May 2010
3. RECIPE - Jambu Rice (Arroz de Jambu) - 15 May 2010
4. Pirarucu - An Endangered Giant - 06 Sep 2010
5 . From the Rivers of the Rain Forest - Aviú - 22 Mar 2011
6. MARKETS OF BRAZIL - Ver-o-peso Market, Belém - 30 May 2011
7. The Story of Carmelita - Ver-o-peso's Queen of Amazonian Fruits - 31 May 2011
8. SEAFOODS OF BRAZIL - Amazonian River Prawn - 01 Jun 2011
9. FRUITS OF BRAZIL - Tucumã do Pará - 03 Jun 2011
10. Chibé - An Indigenous Staple Goes Upmarket - 29 Sep 2011
11. FISH OF BRAZIL - Tucunaré (Peacock Bass) - 31 Jan 2012
12. FRUITS OF BRAZIL - Bacuri - 01 Apr 2012